Daniel Caballero is a labor representative and law clerk at Castillo Harper.
Daniel came to this office with 22 years of experience as a law enforcement officer from a Southern California agency. He is currently attending California Desert Trial Academy College of Law and obtained his undergraduate degree from Columbia Southern University.
Daniel is a certified law student and his past experience as a police officer has been invaluable to our public safety clients. Daniel assists with matter related to the Public Safety Officers’ Procedural Bill of Rights Act, grievances and labor association representation. civil litigation and criminal defense. Daniel also conducts legal research for civil litigation, family law, employment matters and criminal defense cases.
Special Assignments Daniel held as a Police Officer:
- President of the Hemet Police Officer’s Association
- Defensive Tactics Instructor / Use of Force Expert
- Crisis / Hostage Negotiator
- Field Training Officer
- Fatal Traffic Investigation Team
- Traffic Motor Officer
- Preliminary Alcohol Screening Device (Intoxilyzer) Calibration Coordinator
- Narcotics Investigator
- School Resource Officer
- Bicycle Enforcement Team
Awards and Special Commendations Daniel obtained as a Police Officer:
- Police Medal of Valor
- Life Saving Award x 3
- Police Star Medal for Bravery x 3
- Commendation of Police Excellence
- Traffic Officer of the Year
Daniel lives in the southwest region of Riverside County with is wife and three children. When Daniel is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends outdoors camping and cooking BBQ.
- Columbia Southern University