Castillo Harper is a law firm focused on protecting those that protect us, which is why it is such an honor to dedicate the majority of our practice to representing first responders. Our Office represents first responders in several areas of practice, including employment and labor representation, family law matters, criminal defense, civil litigation, and general counsel matters, to include contract negotiations.
General Counsel Services
- Police and Fire association legal counsel
- Policy review, development and implementation strategies
- Incorporation, drafting of bylaws, counseling on governance of associations
- Brady appeals
- Fitness for Duty Challenges
- Passive or Active Bargaining (client-based)
- Collaborative or Interest-Based Bargaining
- Identification of labor markets
- Evaluation of comparable benefits/salary & benefit surveys
- Negotiations Team management and coordination
- Reviews and meet and confer on Memorandums of Understanding
Porac Legal Defense Representation
- Internal Affairs Interviews – Our experienced attorneys ensure that our clients are prepared prior to any IA interviews or inquiries.
- Pre-Disciplinary/Skelly – Our attorneys understand the importance of preparation and out-of-the-box thinking for these mitigation meetings.
- Administrative Hearings – Aggressive representation and trial experience gives our clients the best chance of success.
- Critical Incident Response – Castillo Harper has a dedicated 24/7 on-call attorney ready to respond to critical incidents. Our attorneys are up to date on current laws and trends impacting critical incidents. It is important to us that our clients are fully-informed and have the best representation both at the time of the incident and beyond.
- Criminal Defense of First-Responders – Our attorneys are experienced and trial-ready should our clients be faced with criminal investigation and/or prosecution.
Other Practice Areas
Have A Question?
If you have a question about this topic or would like our services for a related matter, please fill out the form below. A member of our team will reach out to you quickly!